When Respawn debuted the first season of their Battle Pass for Apex Legends, fans were less than thrilled with how little it had to offer. With games like Fortnite going all out for their versions of the Battle Pass, the competition is definitely hot. Luckily, Respawn has just given battle royale fans a sneak peek at what season 2's Battle Pass will have to offer.
With a full reveal planned for June 8th, the team did offer a general outline for what's on the way - including game improvements:
- Level up via Daily and Weekly Challenges.
- Time to Battle Pass level 100 should be significantly reduced.
- Three additional Legendary skins added to the rewards track.
- Three entirely new content categories replace badge and stat tracker rewards.
- You'll earn enough Crafting Metal rewards from the full reward track to craft a Legendary item, or whatever your heart desires.
More cosmetics may sound silly, but it's a really fun way to tailor Legends to the individual player. It also provides tangible rewards for purchasing the Battle Pass and remaining dedicated to the game. Better challenges will also be implemented, giving players who may be a little burnt out on the original battle royale objective a reason to stay in the game.
As for the Legendary Hunt event kicking off next Tuesday, here's what players have to look forward to when it comes Kings Canyon, with the rewards seen above:
Apex Elite Queue
- Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.
- Here's the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5.
Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
- Complete a set of limited-time challenges and earn new Rare, Epic, and Legendary skins.
Double XP Weekend
- From Friday, June 7 at 10 a.m. PST through Monday, June 10 at 10 a.m. PST, earn double XP on base progression and Battle Pass progression.
Battle Pass Bonus XP
- Finish Top 5 in any match and earn an entire Battle Pass level (once per day).
Legendary Hunt Store Skins
- Every three to four days during the event, we'll have new Legendary Hunt themed skins rotating through the in-game store for direct purchase.
Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
- Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
We'll be learning more about what's next in Apex Legends' future during EA Play on June 8th!