In addition to the Fortnite season 8, week 8 challenges that went live earlier this morning - seen here - a new set of Ruin challenges are also available to give players an opportunity to unlock the latest cosmetic items for the newest unlockable Ruin skin for the popular battle royale game.
For those looking to take on the Ruin challenges, here's what you need to know:
- Destroy trees (50)
- Destroy rocks (35)
- Destroy cars, trucks or RVs (20)
- Deal damage to opponent structures (10,000)
- Outlast opponents (1,000)
- Complete Daily Challenges (5)
As for the rewards, knocking out any of the three challenges seen above will award players with the Dying Light backbling, while completing all of them will give players the Dread Harvesting Tool. By this point, players have already been able to begin the process of unlocking the Ruin outfit by completing a total of 55 weekly challenges. With the outfit unlocked, then the above Ruin challenges can be taken on to unlock even more themed rewards to make Ruin even cooler (hotter?).
In addition to the above Ruin challenges, the regular Battle Pass challenges also went live earlier today. You can learn more about them here with our previous coverage, with the challenges themselves listed below:
- Stage 1: Search the treasure map signpost found in Paradise Palms -> Stage 2: Search the X on the treasure map signpost in Paradise Palms
- Use Vending Machines in different matches (3)
- Deal damage to opponents while using at least one balloon (100)
Battle Pass Challenges
- Search Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces under bridges and in caves (7)
- Stage 1: Dial the Durrr-Burger number on the big telephone west of Fatal Fields -> Stage 2: Dial the Pizza Pit number on the big telephone east of The Block
- Eliminate opponents at Dusty Divot or Lucky Landing (7)
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away (2)
As for the game itself, Fortnite is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices.