Welcome to the free walkthrough and guide for Halo 5: Guardians, the newest entry in the long-running series from Microsoft Games Studios and 343 Industries. We’ll tell you how to complete each mission in the most efficient way possible, then provide multiplayer tips for the Warzone and Arena multiplayer modes. Additionally, we’ll break down the new REQ System.
Halo 5: Guardians released exclusively for the Xbox One console on October 27, 2015. Players alternate between hero Master Chief and new character Spartan Locke, leading two separate teams through hostile territory while battling Covenant and Promethean forces. Players can complete the Halo 5 missions with computer controlled teammates or three other gamers in online four-person co-op.
For in-depth strategies and secrets, check out the Official eGuide with bonus Skull Videos and Halo 5: Guardians Collector's Edition Strategy Guide with bonus patches and in-game DLC!
Find Dr. Halsey, pick up Osiris intel and slaughter Prometheans along the way.
Take control of Master Chief, then explore ONI Station and battle Covenant forces.
Push through Meridian Station and find Governor Sloan.
Put down those weapons and look for information pointing to Blue Team's whereabouts.
Head to Apogee Station as Team Osiris closes in on Blue Team.
Blue Team narrowly escaped, but don't feel discouraged. Return to Meridian Station and deal with the aftermath.
Master Chief and Blue Team wind up in a strange Forerunner world.
Travel to the Elite home world in the hope of gaining the Arbiter's support.
Team with the Arbiter and head to Sunaion, the final Covenant base on Sanghelios.
Take down the Kraken battle station while searching for a Constructor.
You have the Constructor and it's almot time to stick it to the Covenant.
Stand alondside the Swords of Sanghelios as you prepare to tackle the Covenant.
Explore this new Forerunner world as we inch closer to Team Osiris meeting up with Blue Team.
Fireteam Osiris crosses paths with Blue Team. Find out what happens between Spartan Locke and Master Chief.
You made it to the end of Halo 5. Control Spartan Locke and watch the explosive conclusion.
Dominate Slayer, Capture the Flag, Stronghold and Breakout!
Pick up every piece of Intel to learn more about the Halo universe.
Where to find all of the skulls, and effects of each.
Tips for Playing Halo 5: Guardians
- Master Chief’s health regenerates quicker than Spartan Locke’s. Keep this in mind when playing as both characters.
- When controlling Spartan Locke, activate his Artemis System to locate weapons, objects he can interact with and data pads.
- There’s no stamina to worry about, so sprint for as long as you want.
- While in the air, press the jump button a second time and your character will clamber up walls onto high ledges.
- Keep a close eye on your motion tracker, located on the bottom left corner of the HUD. It displays enemies in red whenever they move or fire their weapons.
- Pay attention to your team. Revive downed comrades and give them orders to attack or move. You can also give them weapons you no longer want or cannot carry. Don’t be afraid to put a rocket launcher in someone’s hands.
- Use the powerful Spartan Charge maneuver to bust through breakable walls. You may discover a hidden passage or items to collect. To do a Spartan Charge, sprint and then press the melee button. This also proves useful for knocking over enemies.
- When targeting an enemy, look for red arrows on the reticule. These arrows reveal enemy weak points. For some opponents, you’ll need to destroy their armor to identify their weak points.