Fortnite is a new survival and base-building game from Epic Games that tasks players with completing missions, scavenging for supplies, and defeating hordes of husks (zombie-like enemies) that have taken over the brunt of the world’s population. If you’re new to the game, then you might not fully understand all of its systems just yet. Don’t worry, this Fortnite guide will act as a hub for all of our game content, and if you have questions, you’ll find the answers linked in one of the guides below.
This guide covers the original Fortnite game. If you’re looking for BR info be sure to head over to Fortnite Battle Royale coverage!
Fortnite Quick Tips
- Scavenging is a large part of Fortnite’s basic mechanics, and you can never have too many supplies. Unfortunately, you can only hold onto 999 of the three basic building supplies (Wood, Stone, and Metal) so be sure to start stocking up as quickly as you can.
- If you find yourself low on supplies, then completing missions like the Ride the Storm mission (which unlocks a short way into the main storyline) is a great way to stock up. These missions don’t have any sort of timer (unless you activate Lars’ Van), which means you can thoroughly explore the area and collect as much stuff as you need.
- As you explore different areas, you’ll sometimes come across blueprints for buildings like Radar Towers, which can be completed by using the game’s build system. Sometimes these structures will require specific materials be used, and the game will advise you of that if you try to build with the wrong materials. Once the tower is completed, activate the radar at the top using some BluGlo, and various points of interest will be marked on your map.
- The build system is very intuitive, and you can often edit the type of structure you are making to fit specific blueprints (like those mentioned above). For instance, you can press G (on PC) when building a wall, and remove the middle bottom two blocks to create a wall with a door in it. There are several different variations for each building type that you can use, so be sure to experiment with them when building up your fort.
- Look out for Treasure Chests when exploring the different worlds that you come across during missions. You can often hear an angelic-like sound that marks the location of a chest nearby, and you’ll want to loot these chests for chances at obtaining new Schematics, XP, and other useful items like crafting materials.
- You can easily track any item that you want to craft by opening up the inventory (while in a mission), finding the item in the crafting menu, and then clicking TRACK on it. This will cause it to display in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen during missions, which is very useful if you’re having trouble finding the supplies you need. Then all you need to do is keep an eye on the icon in the bottom of the screen, and you’ll be alerted when you can craft that Schematic.
- Don’t just retire heroes when you have extras. After unlocking a specific skill in the Tier 1 tree, you’ll be able to add your extra heroes to the “Collection Book”, which will allow you to unlock new upgrades and even Skill Points by leveling up your Collection.
Here you’ll find an assortment of different guides to help you on your journey to eliminate all the husks and save the world in Fortnite.
How to Get Started
Dive into Fortnite with this handy beginner’s guide.
How to Get New Heroes
Learn how to acquire new Heroes in Fortnite.
How to Increase Your Power Level
Find out how you can increase your Power Level and unlock new skills in Fortnite.
Fortnite – Best Class
Find out which class is the best in Fortnite.
How to Find Survivors
Learn how to find survivors in different missions.
How to Give Players Build Permissions
Learn how to give other players permission to build in your homebase.
Why Am I In Queue?
Learn more about Fortnite’s queue and how you can avoid it.
How to Evolve Heroes
Find out how to evolve your heroes to higher tiers.
How to Get Twitch Quests
Learn how to receive and complete Twitch quests in Fortnite.
How to Build a Strong Fort
Learn the basics of a strong homebase.
How to Get Pure Drop of Rain
Learn how to acquire this handy item needed to evolve heroes.
How to Gather Materials Quickly
Learn the secrets to gathering materials quickly.
Fortnite PC Requirements
Want to play Fortnite on PC? Here’s the kind of system you’ll need to run it.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
- 2 GByte VRAM
- Core i5 2.8 Ghz
- 8 GByte RAM
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel HD 4000
- Core i3 2.4 Ghz
- 4 GByte RAM
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit + Mac OSX Sierra
We’ll be updating this guide with new links constantly to ensure we have the best coverage available for Fortnite. Fortnite Early Access version is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. You can pick up Fortnite right now and hop into the fun today by visiting the official website.