Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is the newest game from Square Enix. It was released on March 17, 2015 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD doesn’t play like a tradition Final Fantasy game. As the spiritual follow-up to Crisis Core, Type-0 uses a battle system that is much more action-oriented than your typical RPG. You form a party of up to three active members with the rest taking reserve slots. You then battle with these characters and switch out party members on the fly.
With that in mind, this is a walkthrough for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, complete with tips for playing the game. In it, we’ll tell you how to beat all of the bosses and collect hidden items.
Tips for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- There’s no transition when you attack an enemy on the field. The battle begins immediately, so don’t be caught off-guard when you engage an enemy. Make adjustments to your party before you begin your attack to ensure you’re ready for the coming battle.
- Keep your party members rotating in and out on a regular basis. You don’t want to get into a situation that favors one character, only to find that party member is under-leveled because you neglected him or her.
- Some situations work better if you use a party member with ranged attacks, while other situations favor melee characters with powerful attacks. Make note of your situation and switch out party members if you think the current battle favors a different character or attack style.
- Many groups of enemies have a Commanding Officer nearby. In most situations, if you take down the Commanding Officer, the remaining enemies will surrender to you. Not only does this save a lot of unnecessary fighting, but sometimes you’ll also receive items from the surrendering soldiers.
- Weather has a direct impact on magic spells and abilities. For example, if there’s a heat wave, fire attacks will inflict 1.5 times their normal damage. Likewise, an ice attack will do little damage during a heat wave.
- Your ability to lock-on to enemies is also affected by the weather. Fog, a snowstorm or sand storm will drastically reduce the distance at which you can lock-on to an enemy. Keep this in mind when fighting in these conditions.
Chapter 1: War – Three Hours that Changed the World
Reach the Airship Landing and Fountain Courtyard, then win the Dainsleif boss fight.
Chapter 2: Rise the Vermilion Banner
Reach McTighe Midtown and win the Imperial Command and General Qator Bashtar boss battles.
Chapter 3: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Explore every Aqueduct and Dynamo, then win the Brionac and Nimbus boss battles.
Chapter 4: The Last Queen’s Return to Oblivion
Escape the Imperial Capital, explore every District and beat Vajra.
Chapter 5: The First Battle of Judecca
Defend the Dominion Main Camp and beat the Shinryu Celestia boss.
Chapter 6: Terra Mortis – Khalia’s Decision
Conquer the east and west banks, take over the airbase and defeat Gilgamesh!
Chapter 7: Fate of the Crystal – The Endless Battle
Neutralize Shakara’s energy wall, invade Rilochy, capture the Imperial Capital, then defeat General Qator Bashtar.
Chapter 8 – Verdict: Finis
Invade Rursus, get through the Portal of Destruction and defeat the Rursan Arbiter to complete the game!
Want more help? Get the Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Official Game Guide now!