Not that long ago we were smack dab in the middle of helping you work your way through the main story missions of Assassin's Creed Unity. Whether you were trying to follow targets or assassinate them, we were there to help. We were even there to help you solve all of the Nostradamus Enigmas, something that took us a very long time to do ourselves.
Today, we're going to hop back into the Assassin's Creed Unity business, this time tackling the six new memories that come with the Dead Kings DLC, a free gift from Ubisoft for the loyalty that gamers showed through a troubled launch. There's more target tailing, boss fighting, and even a cool new weapon called the Guillotine Gun. You're really going to want to get your hands on that one.
Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Tips
- The Guillotine Gun can be used as a melee or ranged weapon. If you come across a large group of foes, consider abandoning your stealth game for some impressive destruction.
- The Raiders appear in high numbers, but are nothing without their leaders. Target the leaders first and foremost, then watch the rest of your enemies scatter like rats.
- Be sure to dip your lantern in the oil jars laying all around. These will ensure that you're always ready to solve the game's puzzles, or simply scare off a huge swarm of bats.
- The Berserker Blade remains one of our favorite ways to clear out groups of enemies. Hit one or two guards with it, then sit back and watch as they kill each other.
- There seems to be an increased amount of large battles. Work on your perfect parries to make sure you're not being sliced up when you're surrounded by adversaries.
- As always, stick to the rooftops whenever possible. This will help you to avoid most conflict that takes place when you're running along the streets.
The first memory won't see Arno troubled with a lot of combat, but it will introduce a new game mechanic in the lantern. Be sure to pay attention to the in-game tutorial to make use of this handy new device.
Arno's travels will see him introduced to a new character, Leon. Of course this new friend will need to be saved, at which point he'll become the main mission giver for the rest of the Dead Kings DLC. This is also when you'll get your hands on the Guillotine gun.
This is by far the shortest mission of the DLC, and will see the return of Arno's love interest, Elise. Well, sort of. You'll have to chase Elise through the streets and tackle her to find out what's really going on in this funky memory.
This mission is full of puzzles that gamers need to solve. Lucky for you, we have the solutions to all of them, as well as some handy tips to help you complete the optional challenges along the way. Expect to bump into plenty of Raider leaders in this one.
We managed to make quite a mess of things during this memory, but luckily we managed to bail ourselves out with the Guillotine Gun and some well placed Berserker Blades. Follow our tips to complete this portion as if you were a bulldozer.
If we're being honest, we were surprised at how easily we managed to win the final boss fight against Rose. Looking back, no fight is really that hard when you're lobbing explosive rounds out of a weapon called the Guillotine Gun.