After locating these collectibles, find the nine Ghosts in House of Wolves!
Players who put enough time into Destiny will already know that their Ghost is an essential part of surviving all that the four planets have to offer. Not only does it allow you to quickly jump into orbit or summon a personal vehicle, it also has your back when it comes to showing you the way to the next objective. As the story of Destiny would go, however, Ghosts aren't immune to the dangers of the Solar System, and it's not uncommon for players to find them dead while traveling about.
As it turns out, reviving these dead Ghosts has a purpose in the game. Not only will reviving 50 of the 62 that can be found unlock the Ghost Hunter trophy and Achievement, but each revived dead Ghost will also give you a new Grimoire Card to increase your Grimoire score.
For the purpose of keeping these simple, we'll describe the location of each dead Ghost, including what mission it can be found on or what objectives are nearby. Keep in mind that you can also find these laying around the planets while you're playing the Patrol mode, it's just much more difficult for us to give you specific directions. When finished, find loot inside these 20 Gold Chests.
For more Destiny, visit Prima's walkthrough and guide for The Taken King.
Dead Ghost Locations - The Tower
1. The first dead Ghost is found from the outside area of The Tower, head up the stairs that lead to the button players use to activate the fan. When you reach the top of the stairs turn right to find the Ghost laying on some boxes.
2. To find the second Ghost, head down the stairs from the location of the first, then pass into Tower North and follow the stairs all the way down until you enter an area with a large sphere shaped object. Head up another flight of stairs to find the dead Ghost.
3. The next Ghost can be found in the Hall of Guardians, which you may know as the main area of The Tower. Head in and toward the three Vanguard's standing around the large table. Just before you reach them, turn to your right and you'll find the collectible on the desk.
4. The final dead Ghost can only be found during Iron Banner events. In order to collect it, head up the stairs above the entrance to the Hall of Guardians. If the gate is open, head to the observation deck and collect the Ghost sitting on the railing.
Dead Ghost Locations - Earth
5. The first dead Ghost on Earth can be found in A Guardian Rises, just after you pick up your weapon and get the Fight Through the Wall objective. Round the corner into the long hallway, then find the Ghost in the ceiling above.
6. Find the next Ghost shortly after the last one. It's still on A Guardian Rises, and when you come to a large room with a crater in the wall on the opposite side, head down the stairs and turn left. You'll find the collectible under a catwalk next to some bright lights.
7. This collectible can be found on the first mission, A Guardian Rises. When you enter an area called The Divide and have an objective to Find the Ship, look for a sign that you must walk under. You need to jump on nearby shipping containers and buildings, but the dead Ghost is found behind the sign.
8. The next dead Ghost is found in the same area of The Divide while playing the mission, A Guardian Rises. Your objective will say to Fight Through the Fallen, and as you pass under the sign that the last Ghost was on, turn to your right and enter a large pipe to find the Ghost.
9. The first Ghost on the Restoration mission can be found in The Steppes when your objective is to Recon the Crash Site. The collectible can be found to the right of your objective, sitting on the ground inside a small building in the middle of the open area.
10. The next collectible is also found during Restoration, in The Steppes and before your complete your objective to Recon the Crash Site. Summon your vehicle, then head to the left of the objective and down the mountain. You'll find the dead Ghost at the end of a narrow gutter with two drain pipes.
11. The first dead Ghost on The Dark Within is found in the Mothyards and during the Get to Skywatch objective. When you find a crashed plane with a wing sticking out of the ground, walk up the wing and jump to a cave opening nearby. The collectible is on the ground to the left of the cave entrance.
12. The second collectible on The Dark Within is also found in the Mothyards, but is on the way to the Forgotten Shore. Summon your vehicle and head through the winding canyons until you see a cave with a small waterfall covering the opening. Head inside and find the dead Ghost in a hole in the wall.
13. The next dead Ghost is also found on The Dark Within and during the Get to Skywatch objective, but this time is located in the Lunar Complex. When you reach an area that is extremely dark your flashlight will come on. Head to the back right corner of the room and jump onto an object to find the collectible.
14. The next collectible can also be found on The Dark Within, and it's located in the Terrestrial Complex during the Infiltrate the Skywatch objective. After passing under a blue sign, turn left and look in the area just off to the side of the hallway. The dead Ghost will be laying against the wall.
15. Players can find the next dead Ghost on The Warmind, at the Forgotten Shore during the Amplifiers Scanned objective. Look for a ship that is broken in half, then approach it and head inside. You'll find the collectible laying on the floor between two sets of lockers.
16. The next collectible can be found on the mission The Last Array in the Skywatch area. While completing the Find the Control Station objective, walk between the tails of two helicopters and drop down onto a narrow path. The dead Ghost is inside a cave on the right hand side.
17. A dead Ghost can be found during the Strike mission, The Devil's Lair. It's in the Rocketyard during the Enter the Devil's Lair objective. Head to the left side of the yard and jump onto a crate, then double jump onto a nearby building. The collectible is on what appears to be an air conditioning unit.
18. Another collectible can be found during The Devil's Lair, but this one is in the Refinery area during the Take Back the Refinery objective. When you enter the area you can go left up a short set of stairs, but instead move forward and find the dead Ghost inside a room with a sign above the door.
19. The next dead Ghost is once again found on The Devil's Lair, but this time is in The Blast area as you take on the Devil Walker. Your on screen objective will be to Cut Through the Fallen, and you can find the collectible in the far left corner of the playable area, up some stairs and on a table.
20. This collectible can be picked up in Patrol mode, just a short distance from where you picked up the dead Ghost in the broken ship in the Forgotten Shore area. Head straight past the ship and into the Bunker RAS-2 area. You'll find it on the very bottom level tucked away under a stairwell.
21. The final dead Ghost on Earth can be found in The Grottos while on Patrol mode. Head underneath the RAS-2 Bunker and through the winding canyon until you pass two enemies, then dip down onto the left pathway. The collectible is next to a large drain pipe near the water.
Dead Ghost Locations - The Moon
22. The first dead Ghost that can be found on the Moon during The Dark Beyond mission. You can locate it in Archer's Line during the Track the Guardian objective. Soon after the start of the mission look for a large pipe, then move to its right side and jump up to find the collectible.
23. Players can snag the next collectible during The Dark Beyond mission and the Archer's Line area. This one is found while completing the Track the Guardian objective. Head to a glass dome with many broken pieces, then look off the cliff to the right. The dead Ghost will be down there.
24. The third dead Ghost is found in The Dark Beyond, but this time is located in the Anchor of Light area while completing the Find the Colony Base objective. Look for a large radio tower. The collectible is on the left side of the tower while you're facing it, and you'll have to jump up several levels to reach it.
25. The next dead Ghost is found on The World's Grave mission in the Hall of Wisdom. Players will be completing the objective to Enter the Hive Fortress, and can find the collectible on the left side of a large room as they are progressing. It's near a giant hole.
26. Sticking with The World's Grave, the next collectible is found in the Circle of Bones area when completing the Conquer the Knight objective. When you reach an area with a huge opening in the middle, head to your left and jump to a hidden walkway. The dead Ghost is sitting on the railing.
27. Players can find another dead Ghost on The Sword of Crota mission, in the Hellmouth area during the objective to Find the Swarm Prince. As soon as you enter the area look for an area with some light poles to your right. Head there and into the first building to find it on a computer or control console.
28. Another collectible can be found on The Sword of Crota in The Gatehouse area. Your objective will be to Locate the Sword. As soon as you enter the area through a door, turn to your left and approach the edge. You'll find the dead Ghost sitting on a beam that hangs over the side.
29. Players will find the next collectible Ghost on the Shrine of Oryx mission and in the area that goes by the same name. The objective will be to Destroy the Shrine, and as you progress through a circular door into a tunnel with rib shaped structures on the side the collectible will be in the far right corner.
30. The final dead Ghost on the Moon will be on the Chamber of Night mission and in the Temple of Crota area. Your objective will be to Find the Chamber, and when you get to the very bottom level there will be a large structure in the middle. Climb up the side of it and find the collectible on a nearby ledge.
Unlock the official Destiny Digital Guide (also available in a Print Edition).
Dead Ghost Locations - Venus
31. The first dead Ghost on Venus can be found on the mission, A Stranger's Call in the Headlands area. Your objective will be to Find the Guardian Outpost, and if you head to your right and follow the dirt road you'll pass three pools. Continue on to another pool that has a collectible behind one of the rocks.
32. The next collectible is found on the mission A Stranger's Call and in The Shattered Coast area. The objective will still be to Find the Guardian Outpost, and if you look to the right there will be a small shelter with some cars near it. The dead Ghost is in the back of one of the cars.
33. While playing on the mission A Stranger's Call and in the Ishtar Academy, there will be a dead Ghost while players are completing the Scan the Conflux objective. When you get to the room with the large beam of light, double jump to the third floor balcony on the left where you'll find the collectible.
34. Another collectible can be found on the mission Ishtar Collective and in the Ishtar Cliffs area. The objective will be to Find a Mind Core, but players will also find a dead Ghost on some rocks next to a tree on the left hand side of the river.
35. Continuing with the mission Ishtar Collective, players will find a dead Ghost in the Waking Ruins area while they are tasked to Find the Research Site. As you approach the ruins the collectible will be on the highest point of the ruins. Jump up there and grab it.
36. The next dead Ghost will be found on the Ishtar Collective and in the Campus 9 area. During the objective to Eliminate the Fallen, look for a large structure with a satellite dish on top of it. Behind that dish and up on the rocks will be the collectible.
37. Players will find another collectible dead Ghost on The Archive mission and in the Ishtar Commons area. While completing the objective to Enter the Academy, exit a building to see a red tarp hanging in a courtyard. The Ghost is on the awning next to the building by the tarp.
38. This dead Ghost is found very close to the last one, and is also on The Archive mission and in the Ishtar Commons area. While completing the objective to Enter the Academy, exit the to see the red tarp in the courtyard, but head right and up some stairs to find a collectible in an elevator shaft.
39. The next collectible will be found on The Archives mission and in the Hall of Whispers. Players will be working on the objective to Kill the Fallen, and can find the dead Ghost after going up two flights of stairs and following a balcony. It's sitting on a branch in a nearby tree.
40. The Scourge of Winter mission contains a dead Ghost in the area of the Ember Caves. While players are completing the objective to Enter the Fallen Hideout, they will see a cave to the right of where they objective marker is. Head into the cave and snag the collectible.
41. Another collectible can be found on the Scourge of Winter and in the Winter's Lair area. While players are completing the objective to Find Draksis they will enter the lair. Hug the left wall until you reach a cave, then go inside and claim the dead Ghost. There are three caves, so keep checking.
42. In the Eye of a Gate Lord mission and in the Endless Steps area, players will find a dead Ghost while completing the objective, Ascend the Steps, players will come to an area with a portal on the right and beam of light in front of them. The collectible is part way up the rocks that are adjacent to the light.
43. The second to last dead Ghost on Venus is found in The Nexus, a Strike mission that players can complete. In the area N/Gen Branch and with the objective to Find the Nexus, follow your objective marker up two flights of stairs. Before going in the door snag the collectible on the top level.
44. The final collectible on Venus is again found in the Strike mission, The Nexus, and in the Dig Site 4 area. While completing the objective, Find the Nexus, head through a red room and into an area with a large glass tube. Run past the tube and through the door to find the dead Ghost laying in a sink.
Dead Ghost Locations - Mars
45. The first dead Ghost to be found on Mars is during the mission, Exclusion Zone and in The Barrens area. The mission objective will be to Find the Gate, and as you progress you'll find two structures, one of which has a rounded roof. Head inside and find the collectible on a box.
46. The second dead Ghost on Mars can also be found during the Exclusion Zone mission but this time is in the Scablands area. The objective will be to Find the Gate. Head forward and through the gigantic gate. Once on the other side, go to your left and jump onto a small roof to find the collectible.
47. The next collectible is located on the Exclusion Zone mission and in the area of the Giant's Pass. While completing the objective to Access the Survey Post. Near the objective, look for the only tree in the area, then scour its roots to find the dead Ghost.
48. Continuing with the mission, the Exclusion Zone and in the Valley of the Kings area, look for a circular dome on your left, then follow the nearby dirt road. Off to the left side and on the edge of a cliff will be another collectible dead Ghost.
49. Yet another collectible can be found on the Exclusion Zone and in the Valley of the Kings. While you have the Access Survey Post objective, look to the right of a burned out circular structure to find a bunker with some tubes sticking out of it. The dead Ghost is tucked into the cliffs behind the bunker.
50. There is a dead Ghost to be found on The Garden's Spire mission and in the Firebase Rubicon area. When your objective is to Locate the Spire, huge the left wall through an area scattered with objects. Enter the hard to spot cave and look for the collectible to be hidden at the base of a tree.
51. While completing the Open the Gate objective on The Garden's Spire mission, players will come to the Iron Line area. Walk up the large ramp and jump up the wall to the left of the gate. Jump into the middle of the room and find the dead Ghost sitting on a rock.
52. The next dead Ghost isn't found on a mission, but can be accessed from the Iron Line area. Head left and through two doors with four blue dots on them to the Trenchworks area. Look for a light post on the right and find the collectible on the rocks nearby.
53. Another collectible can be found during The Garden's Spire mission and in the area of The Legion's Keep. While completing the objective to Wake the Eye, look for a giant rock structure that has an enterable area underneath it. Go inside and follow the ring to find the dead Ghost.
54. In order to find this dead Ghost players will want to be on The Buried City mission and in the area of The Hollows. Your objective will be to Locate the Cabal Signal and will have you enter a large dome with the letters CB on it. Look for the collectible on the catwalk inside the dome.
55. To find a second collectible Ghost during The Buried City mission, wait for the objective to Ascend the Skyscraper in the area of the Dust Palace. Jump up onto the platform that circles the room with all the windows, then on to the ledge of the windows themselves to find the dead Ghost.
56. Continuing with The Buried City mission and in the Overwatch area, players will be asked to Expel the Cabal. Go through a door with Clovis Bray Exoscience above it, then turn left and look for the dead Ghost to be hidden under one of the desks and next to the tower of a computer.
57. Yet another dead Ghost can be find during the mission A Rising Tide and in the area of The Drift. As soon as you enter the area look for two dead trees on your right, then hop onto the one closest to the road. The collectible will be in the tree.
58. To find the next collectible, continue on with A Rising Tide and into the area of The Buried City. When your objective states to Enter the Buried City, jump on top of a building with its shutters closed and a giant sign on top. Look for the dead Ghost behind the sign.
59. The next dead Ghost is again found on the mission A Rising Tide, but this time is in the Freehold Station and during the Head to the Gate objective. When you enter a pitch black room, head to your left and jump on top of one of the televisions above you. The dead Ghost can be found up there.
60. Another dead Ghost is found on A Rising Tide, but is in the area of the Tharsis Station. While completing the objective to Destroy the Gates, head through a door with Off World Transit above it, then turn right and find the Ghost tucked in the corner of the room.
61. The second to last dead Ghost in the game is only found during The Black Garden mission and after teleporting. While completing the objective to Explore the Garden and immediately after teleporting, jump up on some rocks to your left where you'll find the collectible sitting.
62. The final dead Ghost of the game is found on The Black Garden mission and during your objective to Explore the Garden. When you come to an area with a vast open area and a mountain in the distance, head right and follow the edge of the cliff until you drop down and find the collectible.
Destiny isn't a simple game, but its complications are part of the appeal. Our hope is that this guide will help you understand what each of your choices mean when creating a Hunter, and perhaps give you some insight into what the benefits of the Abilities, Passives and Ability Modifiers are.
Made for the ultimate Destiny fan, the Destiny Limited Edition Strategy Guide is a beautiful 400-page guide that comes with two exclusive lithographs, a gorgeous premium double-sided dust jacket (featuring a unique cover design on the exterior and additional artwork direct from Bungie on the interior), as well as one of Three Deluxe, Collectible Covers based on the Hunter, Warlock, or Titan. This Limited Edition book is a must-have collectible for Destiny fans.