This guide will help you earn an S Rank score in the Hunting Down story mission in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, and includes a list of the mandatory and optional objectives available for this mission. Note that it is not necessary to complete all the objectives to earn an S Rank. You just need to accumulate a score of 130,000 or more, and earning the time bonus will greatly increase your chances of getting an S Rank score.
- Pinpoint the trafficker’s escape route from an intel file (Optional).
- Eliminate the trafficker (Mandatory).
- Eliminate the trafficker before he reaches Kiziba Camp (Optional).
- Extract the trafficker and five escort soldiers (Optional).
- Extract four prisoners held at Ditadi Abandoned Village (Optional).
- Extract a side-striped jackal near Kiziba Camp (Optional).
After dropping in at the landing zone at the start of the mission, bring up your iDROID and place a custom waypoint just to the west of an outpost indicated by the ‘14’ on the map. This is where the target is located.
Now ride west on your D-Horse toward the waypoint, and try to avoid getting spotted by enemies at the village just ahead of you. As you carefully approach the waypoint, look around for a pair of enemies walking together behind the outpost. Bring up your binoculars and mark the pair, confirming that one of them is in fact the trafficker you are looking for.
You can eliminate the targets how you wish, whether it be by sniper, pistol, or even rocket launcher. Keep in mind that the quicker you take out the target, the higher your time bonus will be. Once you have taken out the target, hop on D-Horse to quickly flee from the hot zone, concluding the mission. If you eliminated the trafficker in around one minute, then you will have enough points to earn an S Rank from the time bonus alone.