Baldur’s Gate 3’s combat can get overwhelming for some, especially when it’s your party against a massive group of enemies. In situations like this, having the best gear possible will make life easier and make the difference between a win or loss. After all, why save scum when you can use a special pendant or sword to defeat your foes? To get some fantastic early-game loot, continue reading to find the best early hidden treasures in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Best Early Hidden Treasure Locations
Below are five hidden treasures you can find early in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Silver Pendant: Northwest of Roadside Cliffs, coordinates (X: 154, Y: 368)
- Ring of Color Spray: Inside the Harpy Nest northeast of Emerald Grove, coordinates (X: 325, Y: 494)
- Sorrow Glaive: In the Emerald Grove Enclave Library’s Hidden Vault (requires Rune of the Wolf), coordinates (X: 182, Y: 82)
- Zhentarim Basement items: In the Zhentarim Hideout of Waukeen’s Rest, coordinates (X: -111, Y: 610)
- Shattered Sanctum Treasure Chamber items: Inside the northernmost room of Shattered Sanctum, coordinates (X: 295, Y: 59)
These areas are accessible early in the game’s first act, with ones like the Harper’s Hidden Cache Silver Pendant available before going to Emerald Grove.
Table of Contents
- Silver Pendant Location
- Ring of Color Spray Location
- Emerald Grove Hidden Vault Location
- Zhentarim Basement Location
- Shattered Sanctum Treasure Chamber Location
Silver Pendant Location
Before going to Emerald Grove, head north from Roadside Cliffs and follow the road until you reach coordinates (X: 192, Y: 407). Here, you can jump up a cliff and climb the Cragged Rock before climbing the ladder to a small camp. Near the campfire, you’ll find a skeleton containing the pendant.
Ring of Color Spray Location
Starting from Emerald Grove, go north through The Hollow and the Sacred Pool until you find an eastern path starting from coordinates (X: 279, Y: 527). Continue into the Secluded Cove and defeat the Harpies before traveling south down the trail. Jump up and across the rocks until you find a Harpy nest housing the Ring of Color Spray.
Emerald Grove Hidden Vault Location
There are two main ways to get the loot in Emerald Grove. If you defeat the goblins and help the residents of the grove, they’ll reward you with items that’ll help you on your journey. If you want to get them earlier, you can take the following steps:
- Go through the stone door into the lower level of Emerald Grove and separate Astarion, or another character with high Sleight of Hand proficiency, from your group.
- Quick-saving beforehand, attempt to pickpocket Rath until you get the Rune of the Wolf.
- Go northeast past the room with the deer statue until you reach a room with a wolf statue. Interact with the empty socket and place the Rune of the Wolf inside.
- Select each rune until they turn blue to open a stairwell to the Hidden Vault.
Once in the vault, you’ll find the Sorrow Glaive, a wooden trunk with loot inside, and other miscellaneous items you can take for your growing item collection.
Zhentarim Basement Location
To begin, head north through the Blighted Village until you reach Waukeen’s Rest. Once you arrive, head west through the ruined village until you find a building at coordinates (X: -111, Y: 610). Enter the building, persuade the guard to let you through, and descend the hatch before making the long trek through the basement. You’ll find several treasure rooms throughout this area, including one housing the very-rare-grade Abyss Beckoners gloves.
Shattered Sanctum Treasure Chamber Location
The last location on our list is Shattered Sanctum’s Treasure Chamber. To access it, you’ll need the spell Misty Step to teleport behind its locked door or some expert stealth skills. With either Misty Step or your best sneaking boots on, go into Shattered Sanctum and travel to the northernmost room to find a locked iron door at coordinates (X: 295, Y: 59).
You have two choices from here: Misty Step past the door into the gold-filled treasure room, or lockpick the door and walk in. Two guards are nearby, making it easy to get caught, but with enough sneaking around and dice-roll luck, it is possible to get through without the spell.
Once you pass the door, interact with the chests to find various treasures, including hundreds of gold and the Amulet of Selune’s Chosen, among other items.
That’s the end of our list of the best early hidden treasures in Baldur’s Gate 3. Now that you have a bunch of new gear, it’s time to put it to use! Good luck!
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC and soon on Mac, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out how to get more camp supplies in BG3, or click the game tag below to explore our growing article collection.