BioWare has become well known for the various options they offer players when it comes to romance and relationships, and while Mass Effect: Andromeda takes place in a new galaxy, with new main characters, romance and the relationships that spawn haven’t changed a bit. This article will act as a hub for all of our Mass Effect: Andromeda romance and relationship features, and you’ll find links here to in-depth articles on how to romance and start a relationship with every available NPC in the game.
How Romance Works
In Mass Effect: Andromeda romance works just as it has in previous BioWare titles. After reaching specific points in the story, players will be able to speak specific lines with some of their favorite NPCs. These lines will then lead to new conversation options, which when used, will result in the building of a relationship between the main character, Ryder, and whichever NPC the player is trying to woo.
While the Ryder twins can flirt with most of the game’s core cast, not every member of the crew will be willing to let things go any further. Some crew members will only be romanceable by a specific Ryder twin, and we’ve outlined all of that information below.
All Male Ryder Romance Options
Players completing the game using the male Ryder twin can romance the following characters and NPCs:
- Reyes Vidal
All Female Ryder Romance Options
Players completing the game using the female Ryder twin have the following romance options:
- Reyes Vidal
- Generally, players will have to flirt with a character at least three times to begin romancing them.
- Some characters will also require you to complete specific “Loyalty Missions” to build a relationship.
- Talk to the character you wish to romance quite frequently. Figure out which character you want to build a relationship with, and start working on them early on to assure you don’t miss any relationship triggers.
- Do everything that your crush asks, including their Loyalty Missions. This will go a long way towards building your relationship.
- Read all of the emails that your crush sends to you. This will allow you to make sure you hit any relationship triggers that might be pertinent to your building that specific relationship successfully.
- Use the Flirt conversation option, denoted by a heart, every time it is available when chatting with your crush.
- Don’t waste time trying to flirt with too many characters. The amount of relationship triggers needed for each character varies, and spreading yourself too thin can cause you to miss out on some.
Here you’ll find links to in-depth articles covering all the relationship triggers that you need to know about to romance each available NPC in the game.
How to Romance Avela Kjar
Find out how to woo this Angaran historian.
How to Romance Suvi
Learn how to fall in love with your chief science officer.
How to Romance Keri T'Vessa
Discover everything you need to know to woo this reporter on the Nexus.
This guide is a work in progress, and we will be updating it constantly with new links to make sure you’re getting the most pertinent information available to you. Be sure to return to our Mass Effect: Andromeda game hub for more details and helpful articles, or pick up the official Prima Games strategy guide for in-depth walkthroughs of every main mission and side mission in the game.