A new update for Fortnite is here and is infinitely smaller than previous patches we've seen. A big reason for that is that this season is preparing to come to a close, which means the team over at Epic Games are busy making sure it goes out with a bang. Another thing that goes off with a band in Fortnite is the new Shadow Bombs that have been added, which you can see in the explosive footage above.
"Become one with the shadows," boasts the team in their latest blog post. "Engulf yourself in darkness with this new item, becoming invisible to enemies, increasing your speed, and allowing the ability to perform double jumps." As for how it works and where players can find them:
- Shrouds yourself in shadow, briefly becoming invisible to enemies.
- 6-second duration
- User becomes more visible to others near the end of the effect.
- Increases your movement speed, provides the ability to double jump, and wall jump.
- Players are unable to attack, build, or loot while under the effects of the Shadow Bomb.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Can hold a maximum of 6
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
It's the perfect way for battle royale fans to get their stealth on, and is especially helpful when the weekly battle pass challenges arrive.
The latest update is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. You can see what else is new, including changes to Creative, right here at the official Epic Games website.