Fortnite Battle Royale continues to grow and evolve everyday and the latest update to the game is now live, bringing new things like Lucky Landing, a new Hunting Rifle, and more. We’ve got a full list of the changes below, so take a look to see what has changed in Fortnite’s v3.1.0 patch notes.
Fortnite V3.1.0 Patch Notes
On top of the new Hunting Rifle, which we talked about in our guide on how to get the Hunting Rifle, Fortnite’s latest patch adds in a couple of other new things for players to find and make use of.
Save the World Changes
Those playing Save the World can pick up and use the new Dragonfire Auto-Shotgun. This heavy shotgun will unleash a large cone of fire and destruction as you fire it, releasing a ton of damage to husks as they swarm around you. Alongside the new auto-shotgun, fans enjoying Save the World can also pick up a new adventurer named Val and help her out with a brand-new quest to help her become a defender.
Battle Royale Changes
The biggest changes, though, come in Fortnite Battle Royale. Players will now be able to find and make use of the Hunting Rifle, a scope-less rifle that deals immense amounts of damage in medium to long range encounters. The downfall here, though, is that the gun only holds one round in the chamber at a time, so make those shots count.
Players will also be able to land at a new location on the map. Located on the southern edge of the island, Lucky Landing is a brand-new point of interest for players to explore, grab loot from, and fight for control of. It’s a beautiful locale, and one that we’re definitely looking forward to diving into this weekend.
Aside from the big changes, here are the rest of the patch notes released for V3.1.0
- Crash fixes on all client platforms.
- Controllers and Mice can now be used in tandem.
- Notification UI has updated animations and now promptly exits the screen when dismissed by an action.
- Added a confirmation dialog for exiting the game using the window close button on PC.
- Ping times displayed in the Net Debug Stats panel have been improved to be more accurate by removing frame times from the calculation.
- Removed some heavy hitching that could occur during texture streaming.
- Fixed issue that caused location text in Party Finder to clip into buttons, now marquees properly.
- Fixed issue where the input icon for selecting a lobby player podium slot would disappear after switching tabs.
- Fixed some memory leaks that resulted in crashes
That wraps up the patch notes for V3.1.0. If you need help in Fortnite then make sure you check out both our Fortnite Battle Royale guide and our Fortnite Save the World guide to get all the important information you need and dominate the battlefield.