Epic Games is wrapping up Fortnite’s superhero-filled Season 4 by hosting the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest, which begins today, July 2. The contest tasks players with creating an original superhero film in Fortnite using the game’s built-in Replay System. Those who participate will have a chance to have their superhero flick featured on the Risky Reels movie screen, along with various in-game prizes.
To participate in the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest, players must create an original film using Fortnite gameplay. The inbuilt Replay System is perfect for editing clips and capturing cinematic shots and angles, and those who stand the best chance at winning will know how to take advantage of this useful tool in Fortnite.
How to Enter
The contest begins today, July 2, and ends on July 11 at 11:59pm ET / 8:59pm PT. Those who wish to participate must make their submissions within that timeframe.
According to the announcement post from Epic, all submissions for the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest can only consist of personal gameplay and royalty free audio. The contest is online only. Videos must be at least one minute in length, but no longer than five minutes. Submissions also cannot contain any voice-over speech or on-screen text.
Here’s how to enter the contest, according to the official Fortnite Blockbuster contest rules:
- Before the end of the Contest Period, upload a video (“Submission”) to YouTube with “#FortniteBlockbuster” in the title, and make it publicly visible and searchable; and
- Email your full name, Epic ID, and a link to your Submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with “@FortniteBlockbuster” in the subject line.
The grand prize winner of the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest will get the honor of having their film submission featured on the in-game movie screen at Risky Reels. A poster for the winner’s film will also be displayed in-game, and the winner will receive 25,000 V-Bucks for their account. Five finalists will also be rewarded with 10,000 V-Bucks apiece.
Submissions will be judged based on their creativity, theme, and use of the Fortnite Replay System. Epic will be using a point system to distribute points to film submissions based on the following criteria:
Creativity (up to 50 points)
- How super is your superhero flick?
- Did your film tell a story of the Season 4 heroes in a creative or innovative manner?
- How original was your story?
Fortnite-ness (up to 25 points)
- How well did you capture the tone of Fortnite throughout your film?
Mastery (up to 25 points)
- Did your film display a mastery of the Replay system and it’s tools?
Be sure to visit the Epic Games blog for a full rundown of the contest rules. All submissions must be uploaded to YouTube with “#FortniteBlockbuster” in the title, so be sure to search that hashtag if you’re interested in checking out the contest entries.