Borderlands Remastered offers fans of the original game a chance to re-experience the beloved looter shooter once more ahead of the Borderlands 3 launch later this year. With great levels come great responsibility - and even better loot - which is why some players are resorting to this infinite XP trick to get those gains fast.
Using the unlimited XP trick is a little particular, there a few things you need to know to make sure it's done correctly. Before getting started, it's important to note that players will need anywhere between 120,000 - 140,000 bucks of in-game cash for this to work, though getting said cash is less daunting than it sounds.
To first get the money, players will need to get to the part in the story where they are asked to get a power coupling to repar the first med vendor. This will unlock the T-Bone Junction fast travel location, making the hunt for cash super effecient.
Once in T-Bone Junction, follow the below steps:
- Open all three lockers when you first enter the starting building in T-Bone Junction, then immediately go west to open up four more against the western part of the starting building.
- From there, go east and then north, through an alley where you'll find a bin. Follow the stairs down until you run into two safes, then continue on the path to drop across a gap to the next location.
- Once jumped, drop down into the area below to find three different lockers.
- Head northeast until you run into a red chest and several containers (lootable).
- Enter the building to find the safe.
Hit save quit and repeat the above steps for an easy way to farm money in order to get the infinite XP workaround.Before taking on this particular trick, players must have first completed the Fix'er Upper quest (which is at the beginning of the game). It's also not vendor-specific, which is helpful.
How this works is it takes the Merchant of Death challenge, which equates 20,000 XP by selling 1,200 items. With the cash in hand, follow the below steps:
- Completely fill up inventory with minor health kits, the cheapest item in the game.
- Buy and sell, repeatedly
- DO NOT STACK, buy and sell only
- Repeat until at 1,199 of 1,200 items sold. DO NOT complete the challenge to 1,200.
- By another minor health kit, sell it, then buy that particular health kit once more (this resets the counter back to 1,199).
- Save quit and log.
- Log back in: lather, rinse, repeat about 7 more times for max level.
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.