In a post on the Call of Duty blog, a huge batch of information for Season 3 of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone was shared. Season 3 is scheduled to go live on April 22, so whether you want to prepare for Season 3, or are simply curious about what sort of content Season 3 brings with it, here’s a closer look at some of the things you can expect!
Black Ops Cold War, Warzone | What to Expect From Season 3
As mentioned above, Season 3 of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is scheduled to begin on April 22. Season 3 will feature a flood of new content for players to enjoy including new multiplayer maps and mode, along with new weapons and Operators.
In the image above, you can see a quick breakdown of the Season 3 content coming to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. The post on the Call of Duty blog breaks things down even further.
Depending on what you’re interested in reading up on, there are bullet points at the beginning of the post that’ll direct you to various points of interest such as the “Hunt for Adler” limited-time event or Prestige changes.
To sum up these various points, we’ve included short notes based on the information provided by the Call of Duty blog post.
Hunt for Adler - “Hunt for Adler” is a new limited-time event for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. Players will need to complete Intel Challenges as they work to learn about Adler’s whereabouts.
Rewards for completing Intel Challenges include Weapon Charms, Calling Cards, a new Operator Skin, and more. If you complete a full set of challenges during the event, you’ll unlock an exclusive Adler skin.
New Operators, Return of Captain Price
Three new Operators are being added including Wraith (Warsaw Pact), Knight (Warsaw Pact), and Antonov (Warsaw Pact). Additionally, Captain Price is joining the fray as a Legendary Operator.
If you own Black Ops Cold War, you’ll automatically receive Captain Price at the start of Season 3. If you don’t, you’ll receive Captain Price as an Operator when you purchase Black Ops Cold War (any version) at the start of Season 3.
- PPSh-41 (SMG)
- Swiss K31 (Sniper Rifle)
- Ballistic Knife (Melee)
- CARV.2 (Tactical Rifle)
- AMP63 (Pistol)
- Baseball Bat (Melee)
New Multiplayer Maps (Black Ops Cold War)
- Yamantau (6v6) - Soviet observatory at Mount Yamantau
- Diesel (6v6, 2v2, 3v3) - Americana desert
- Standoff (6v6) - Black Ops II map
- Duga (Multi-Team) - Ural Mountains
Black Ops Cold War - Multiplayer Modes
- Sticks and Stones - “It’s every Operator for themselves, with each player deploying with the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow, Ballistic Knife, and a Tomahawk. Earn score with crossbow and Ballistic Knife kills, and eliminate enemies with the Tomahawk to bankrupt their score to zero. The first player to reach the score limit or the player with the highest score when the timer expires wins.”
- Multi-Team Elimination - “Multiple teams of four will fight to survive ever-expanding radiation zones. Redeploys will be limited and loadouts will be restricted, so teams will need to scavenge for weapons, Scorestreaks, Armor, Redeploy Tickets, and more. Emerge as the last team standing or the first squad to board the exfil chopper in the final safe zone to achieve victory.”
Black Ops Cold War - New Scorestreaks
- Strafe Run - “Call upon a pair of jet fighters to shower lead and rockets down upon the DZ with this new mid-tier Scorestreak, perfect for racking up kills or holding down an area while your team captures the objective. With a longer active period and higher potential for kills compared to Scorestreaks like the Napalm Strike, the Strafe Run is a solid choice for any MP mode.”
- Cargo Truck - “Available across Multi-Team modes, the Cargo Truck is a massive beast of machinery capable of fitting a few Operators in its open truck bed, in addition to a driver and copilot. What the Cargo Truck lacks in speed, it makes up for in firepower, coming equipped with a mounted machine gun that allows a teammate to provide cover against potential threats. Take control of the Cargo Truck on Ruka, Alpine, and Golova at launch, and in Duga later in the season.”
Zombies - New Content
- Field Upgrade: Toxic Growth - “Mother Nature bites back with this new Field Upgrade in round-based maps and Outbreak, guaranteed to slow down the undead masses. By harnessing Aetherium Crystals, Requiem’s R&D team has developed Toxic Growth, an activatable Field Upgrade that summons a deadly growth of toxic thorns in front of an Operator. Enemies moving through it have their movement speed halved and suffer toxic damage until they exit the affected area. Through the use of Aetherium Crystals, Operators can upgrade Toxic Growth to give it more charges, double its damage, and even cause enemies who perish from the growth to explode!”
- Outbreak Region: Duga - “The Dark Aether story comes to a fever pitch in Season Three as Requiem expands its operations in Russia. Keep the hordes at bay as you and your squad fight through the massive new Duga region set in the Ural Mountains, packed with new documents, audio logs, radio transmissions, and artifacts hidden throughout the Outbreak Zone. Uncover new secrets of the Dark Aether as the stage is set for the events yet to come…”
- Outbreak Vehicles: FAV and Cargo Truck - “The high-speed Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV) is ideal for gunning down zombies while racing for the next objective, while the Cargo Truck is big enough to fit the whole squad as you hunt down those Special and Elite zombies.”
- Outbreak World Events & Features - “Experience new interactive events throughout the Ural Mountains to earn in-game rewards! For the first time in Outbreak, gain access to upgrades for the D.I.E. Machine Wonder Weapon, unlock the powerful Aether Tool item by destroying Fury Crystals, discover the secret to warping ahead to higher difficulty regions even faster, and more.”
New Prestige Levels
“At the start of Season Three, your Season Level will refresh to Level 1, and your progress will resume from the highest Prestige Level you achieved previously. This season offers four additional Prestiges to achieve across the first 200 levels, as well as a new Weapon Blueprint:
- Level 50: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Weapon Blueprint, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 100: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 150: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 190: All Season Challenges Available
- Level 200: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Battle Pass Tier Skip, Master Prestige Calling Card
- Levels 250 - 1,000: New Prestige Key every 50 levels
This means you can earn four new Prestige Levels during Season Three — now 15 in total — and you can always catch up to the latest available Prestige if you didn’t reach it during the previous season.
Reach Level 200 in Season Three to achieve the title of Prestige Master for this season. This changes your Season Level color and grants you the ability to personalize your Prestige Icon with Legacy Prestige Icons from previous Call of Duty games — including from the original Black Ops — simply by spending some of your hard-earned Prestige Keys at the Prestige Shop.
You can continue past Level 200 all the way to Level 1,000 during Season Two and receive Prestige Key milestone rewards at every 50 levels along the way.
Finally, don’t forget that your Prestige-leveling journey is synchronized with Warzone and Modern Warfare®, meaning you can progress through Season Levels and increase your Prestige Level by earning XP in any of the three titles!"
Scrolling through the rest of the blog post, additional details about Warzone content is shared including information about Verdansk. It's noted that you should keep an eye out for Operation Rapid Sunder throughout Wednesday, April 21 and beyond.
According to the blog, "Armistice Central Command will be communicating directly to all Operators with further instructions, starting at 12:00 p.m. (PT) on April 21."
The file size for the Season 3 update was also listed, with details as follows:
Black Ops Cold War Update Sizes
- PlayStation 5: 12.3 GB
- PlayStation 4: 8.1 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 11.6 GB
- Xbox One: 8.3 GB
- PC: 13.1 GB
Warzone Update Sizes
- PlayStation 5: 25.6 GB
- PlayStation 4: 25.6 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 25.9 GB
- Xbox One: 25.9 GB
- PC: 25.2 GB
For more detailed information about all of the things mentioned here, we highly recommend heading over and reading the full post on the Call of Duty blog.
While we wait for the start of Season 3 on April 22, we're curious as to what you think of all the new Season 3 content for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone? Let us know your thoughts on our social media channels including Facebook and Twitter!